Friday, April 01, 2005

Is the WSJ Best of the Web The Future?

I inadvertently left WSJ Best of the Web off my blogroll. It and other enlightened MSM blogs may be a big part of the blogosphere's future.

It's edited by James Taranto. He's insightful, has a moral compass, writes well and keeps things light with New York humor. Equally importantly, he's backed by a large group that provides material and tips. Puts individuals like me in the shade.

His back-of-the-book is putting ironic titles on daft stories and misprints. Here's one from today that made me LOL:

'You Shouldn't Have. No Really, You Shouldn't Have.'
"Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist did not participate in the decision, which was heard in November when he was being treated to thyroid cancer."--Associated Press, March 30.

Yes, I too had to read this twice to get the joke.