Thursday, November 03, 2005

My Hero Speaks

In case you haven't seen it, I've shamelessly lifted this excellent post from Davids Medienkritik.

Lou Minatti has alerted us to a particularly candid quote from Donald Rumsfeld in his interview with SPIEGEL:

Rumsfeld: (...) Everyone wants to have the Iranians as part of the world community, but they aren't yet. Therefore there's less predictability and more danger.

SPIEGEL: The US is trying to make the case in the United Nations Security Council.

Rumsfeld: I would not say that. I thought France, Germany and the UK were working on that problem.

SPIEGEL: What kind of sanctions are we talking about?

Rumsfeld: I'm not talking about sanctions. I thought you, and the U.K. and France were.

SPIEGEL: You aren't?

Rumsfeld: I'm not talking about sanctions. You've got the lead. Well, lead! (emphasis added).

I've mailed the manufacturers of the Rumsfeld talking doll suggesting they add the last utterance. These dolls make excellent Christmas gifts for German friends.