Monday, January 01, 2007

Call Al Nino!

A Brit newspaper says 2007 will be the hottest year on record. The same paper told us Israel used nukes in Lebanon - so prepare for an arctic year.

Back in October, the London Independent's reporter Robert Fisk said Israel used:
...some novel small experimental nuclear fission device or other experimental weapon...or...a bunker-busting conventional uranium penetrator weapon employing enriched uranium rather than depleted uranium.
Now the same paper tells us:
A combination of global warming and the El Niño weather system is set to make 2007 the warmest year on record with far-reaching consequences for the planet, one of Britain's leading climate experts has warned.
As we've come to expect from this organ, the article then debunks itself (my emphasis):
The cause of the phenomenon is not fully understood but in an El Niño "event" the pool of warm surface water is forced eastwards by the loss of the westerly trade winds...

The co-relation with global warming is as yet unclear. Archaeological evidence shows El Niños and La Niñas have been occurring for 15,000 years. But scientists are investigating whether climate change is leading to an increase in their intensity or duration.
If the "leading scientists" and Independent don't understand the one copper-bottomed 15,000 year-old climate change mechanism, their predictions are fantasies, not science.

The Independent would do better calling the guy who fixed the last El Nino (my ellipsis):
(March 1998)...a retired naval pilot from Nipomo in California is being accused of the greatest feat of global manipulation ever. And all because his name is Al Nino.

...Alphonso Nino, to give him his correct first name, has been deluged with telephone calls accusing him of being the cause of all the climatic trouble.

Mr Nino has taken a diplomatic approach to the public vitriol against him and says he tries to deal with the calls with good humour.

"Some of them absolutely curse me out and others just ask me, in a rather grudged way if I can just stop the rain." "I told one man who'd called me to ask me to stop the rain, that I'd stop it for him. He called me three days later to thank me for making the rain stop."

Mr Nino is listed in the phone book as, Nino, Al, (he's the only Nino in the book) but he says he won't change his listing to stop the calls. "I've rather enjoyed it, I'm thick skinned ... I'm an old Navy man so I like to trade barbs with the people that call."